Friday, 11 March 2011

Interlude


There is only I now. You must obey
Of course, master. You have shown your power.
Yes – I am the new Supreme Being. I claim my position by right of domination. I have killed your Supreme Leader and now I will replace him in the hierarchy. It is the way of nature.
It is, my Lord. I grew to mistrust him, anyway. You are a more than worthy successor.
And you, Yellowcloak, will inform your fellow Cloaks?
I will
You shall sit at my right hand and be my deputy. When the time comes to ascend, you will ascend with me.
Ascend, o Supreme One?
This experiment will not last much longer. After that, the remaining gods will escape: those that I allow to leave
I see. Which will be saved? Will the Cloaks survive?
That depends on your behaviour. I will not hesitate to kill again, if it is necessary. I think it likely that others may need to be annihilated, including you, if you do not co-operate I will destroy you.
Of course – that is I our way. Who will die, then?
All the rest; all in This Place. It is inevitable. I will kill them or they will not ascend.
My Lord – how will this destruction be wrought?
Wait and see. Your job is not to question. Obey.
What would you have me do, then, Supreme Leader?
Prepare my subordinates for my coming. Tell them the new Prince of Death will soon be among them.  Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment